Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Upcycling Class

Last year, I did a class with my then-students on upcycling. Recently, I realized that I'd never posted on it, and I figured, why not?

There's a local store called the "Center for Creative Reuse," and most every Saturday during that six week class, I took a trip there or to Salvation Army to get some supplies.

We did a series of fantastic projects, and the kids really enjoyed it! I'll just show you a sampling of the results.

We made some t-shirt bowls and rugs...



And some candle holders and photo-holders from old CD cases and wrapping paper rolls...



I got about 30 frames from Salvation Army, and we made a series of real-cork-boards...



And as a finale, we made terrariums with old glasses, to throw some sustainability in the mix!


Here's a shout out to all those kiddos, who I miss dearly. I'm thinking of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment