Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Hot Pad

I still have not gotten up the courage to quilt the top that I made back in May (yes, I do mean a year ago).

In the mean time, however, I have accumulated two more quilt tops and am working on my third.  (I decided not to publish each of those since I am trying to catch up, as I alluded to last week.)

So, with all of these tops stacking up, and the babies all born and growing older, I decided that I had to conquer my fears somehow, and whipped up a one-block sandwich with some scraps to practice quilting in the ditch.  Hey, I had to start somewhere.

I quilted it, did cheater binding, and decided I felt proficient enough to try to quilt for the third time.  (Yes, I have quilted a few blocks and then ripped it out a few times.  Please don't judge.)

We'll see how it goes, but in the mean time, here's out household's newest hot pad!


(Bonus points if you can figure out where the scraps are from!)

No comments:

Post a Comment