Sunday, May 17, 2015

Mending (and Not Sophie's Universe)

This week, I will not be posting about the adventures with Sophie, sadly, since I ran out of yarn.  I had to order more in order to finish the last few rows, and waited an extra week to see if I'd need more of any of the other colors, and then, I ran in to a problem.

You see, KnitPicks has free shipping after $50.

So I just had to get my order up to there, right?

A few hours later, and I've ordered well over $50 worth of yarn, and only half of it fit the Cold Sheep Commandments.
Oops.
I'll be back on the wagon this week, though, so hopefully we can make it through the rest of the year without having the yarn singularity occur.

And since I left you with no Sophie to show for it, I present you with a few mendings I've done recently - great for frugality and avoiding consumerism (which I clearly did not do a good job of above).
I have:
  1. Re-attached (sloppily) the strap on my Carry on Bag
  2. 1: Carry On Bag
  3. Mended a few slim strands on the bottom of my Little Bitty Socks


2: Little Bitty Socks

No comments:

Post a Comment