Friday, March 7, 2014

Little Bitty Socks

Last summer, I found a wonderful ankle-sock pattern called Mouches and I decided to make myself a pair.  I had two skeins of Heart and Sole Toasted Almond Sock Yarn (georgeous!) on hand, so I worked away.

The first thing you need to realize about this pattern is that it is written for European sock sizes.  I did a lot of research to figure out how to adapt it.  Basically, google a chart of size conversions to find the size difference between these socks and your feet.  Then, google a size chart to find the length of the foot for these socks and your feet.  Do some math.  If the difference were "one unit," then how many units would be in the larger sock?  Seven?  Ten?  Four?  This will give you a fraction (ie 1/7) to take off your length.  Don't bother changing the width.

Play with it.  It took me a while to get it right.

Anyway, I love the socks.  The pattern isn't as pretty on the self-striping yarn, and I might do aother pair later on a plain yarn, but for now, I'm a fan.

This pattern used one skein of yarn, so I have another Toasted Almond lying around.  Should I make another pair of Mouches?   What do you think?  Suggestions?

Ravelry Pattern | Ravelry Project

No comments:

Post a Comment