Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Brantingham Tree Rings Blanket

This is a project that I finished in April. I saw the pattern November of 2015, and I knew that I had to make it for my father-in-law. You see, his favorite place in the world is the porch of a beautiful cabin on a lake in the Adirondacks. He sits there with a cup of coffee and a book every morning, and it's often just brisk enough to need a blanket.
He also likes practical gifts. Gifts that can be used. And so when I saw this pattern, there was no choice: I had to make it.

I bought the yarn at Stitches West, and got started immediately when I got home. It's so soft, and so perfect.
And then they decided to sell the cabin. To be honest, I was heartbroken. But I decided I had to give him the blanket anyway, and thankfully, he still likes it. 


Ravelry Project

No comments:

Post a Comment