Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Mommom and Pop's Tiny Sweaters!

I already posted about the tiny sweater ornament I made for Grandma, but I didn't trust Mommom and Pop not to read the blog, so I didn't post about theirs!


I also made little ornament sweaters for my other set of grandparents, as you can see, but there's a little bit more context to this one. You see, my great-grandmother Lily, after whom I am named, and whom I never met, was apparently an avid knitter. She used to knit my mom's family beautiful thick, wool, fair-isle sweaters for Christmas every year.
Last year, my grandmother passed on her needles. You deserve them, she said, You're the only one who can do them justice.I cried.And I knew, at that moment, that there was no other option for their Christmas gift. It has to be sweaters on Great-Grandma Lily's needles. And even though I used her sock needles, and even though they're really sweaters for keys, not people, I think I did the best I could with the time I had.
Mommom and Pop, if you're reading this, I hope you understand how meaningful those needles were to me. I love you dearly.

Ravelry Project: Mommom
Ravelry Project: Pop

No comments:

Post a Comment