Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pants! Finally!

In June, I found some ladybug fleece for sale at Wal-mart, along with my apron fabric and pattern.  For those of you who don't know, I am obsessed with ladybugs.  I have ladybugs everywhere.  When I turned eighteen, I tried to convince my Dad to let me buy, for $20 on E-bay, a box of 5,000 chilled ladybugs to release in our basement for the party.  Needless to say, I was given a resounding "no."

The plan was to make sweatpants, but I didn't have a pattern, so I just got a couple of yards.  I found a pattern on instructables (here).  And then, I ran into trouble.  I didn't have any pajama pants that fit -- I had one pair that was too big and one that was too small -- so it was hard to judge the size of the legs.  Then I did one leg backwards, so I had to cut it open, stitch chunks together, and do it again.  I ended up with chunks of extra fabric on the top of the back.  But it worked, overall.  They've been sitting in my great room waist-band-less for a few months, and I finally got around to finishing them up.

I'm glad I did!  They're super comfortable!