Thursday, February 14, 2013

Smitten!

I saw this pattern on Ravelry and I had to make it for my fiance for Valentine's Day!  Here's the original pattern photo:

His gift preferences are specific.  He likes things that are functional and things that show that the person actually cares.  Stock gifts are not his thing.  It's a good thing that I know how to knit, because that makes it even better -- I invest time, he feels loved, I have fun, and we look obnoxiously adorable walking around with our hands in a Smitten!

Well, this was quite a feat to make.  It called for super-bulky yarn and two sets of DPNs -- sizes 13 and 15.  I don't have any of those and I'm broke!

So I made it work.  I used two strands of royal blue worsted yarn and one strand of a blue/white self-striping worsted yarn and held them all together.  I had a pair of size 13 circular needles, but they were too big for most of the project and too small to make a magic loop.  I also had one size 15 regular knitting needle (I lost it's pair) with a rather stubborn end piece.  I basically did the whole thing in my size 13 circular needles and used my size 15 singular needle for a few odds and ends here and there to make it work.

In the end, I'm pretty proud of it!  And we went for a wonderful walk today :)

Ravelry Pattern | Ravelry Project

No comments:

Post a Comment