Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Song of the Sahara

After running out of yarn on the Chad Lake Shawl, I picked up the third and final set of yarn from the Article Pract closing sale - a beautiful Alchemy Silk Purse that I fell in love with the moment I saw it.  I had never seen anything that I couldn't resist buying no matter how hard I tried, but this just swept me off my feet.  I bought two hanks, thinking it would be enough for a cowl, and stroked it preciously for a few months.

I finally set to work knitting it up into Louise Zass-Bangham's Song of the Sea Cowl, even though the yarn was thicker than called for, and absolutely adore the results.  The pattern was a breeze to follow, and I loved the variety.

I did, however, run out of yarn, so I ordered a third hank (again, rule one!) around the same time that I ordered my extra yarn for the Chad Lake Shawl, and set it aside to work on my Swiffer Cover and my Car Cup Holders until it arrived.

When it did come, I fell in love all over again, and had the end result of one of the most beautiful pieces of clothing I have ever knit myself.  I'm in love.  I call it Song of the Sahara and wear it proudly.

Ravelry Project

No comments:

Post a Comment