Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Dress Form, take two!

Previously, on Ladybug Laboratory....

<cue music>

...STITCHES West, 2015...

...Duct Tape Dress Dummy...

And tonight, we bring you...

The Denim Dress Dummy!
(New and improved!  Except not!)

So, in case you haven't figured it out, I tried to use a pattern from Etsy to turn my Duct Tape Dummy into a nice, vaguely presentable dress dummy that I could call a piece of furniture.

I cut up the duct tape and made a muslin from it.  It was terrible.

I drafted another.  It was too small.

A third was too big.
I went with it anyway and transferred it to denim, and then made the Mister pin it down to size.

I seamed all the pin-lines.  I tried it on.  It was about an inch too tight, including the seam allowance, and didn't fit around my waist.

Whatever, I said, I've been working on this all week and I just want to finish it.  I'll lose some weight or adjust my pinning.

I stuffed it and sewed it and measured my finished product.

The wait is 2.8 inches bigger than mine, and the breast stuffing popped up and to the sides.

I think at this point I might just by an adjustable one.

It does look quite creative though!