Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Firefly Weave Socks

My brother also got socks for Christmas. Are you sensing a theme here?

The difference, of course, is that Ben specifically requested socks, and he specifically requested this yarn, Serenity Firefly Class in Bounce and Stomp from Nerd Girl Yarns. I held off on finishing the socks until I arrived for Christmas to make sure they fit. This was my first time using the fish lips heel, and although I ended up double-forking the heel to compensate for the pull across the patterned top, it actually worked out very well! I also decided to pattern the front only, instead of all the way around once I reached the cuff, and I made the cuff significantly shorter than the fish lips heel would have called for.

Pattern Notes:
Cast on 20 with Jenny's Magic Cast On.
Knit 1 row.
row 2: m1r, knit to end, m1l on each needle
row 3: knit
repeat 2&3 until 64 stitches total
11.5 pattern repeats (12 long rows)
fish lips heel, double forked (1/3 back = five dk stitches on each side)
continue up leg, pattern only on front, until 19.5 repeats (20 long rows)
15 rows of 2x2 ribs
bind off with yo bind off

Ravelry Project

No comments:

Post a Comment