Saturday, February 15, 2014

Flower Girl Cootie Catchers

I posted a few weeks ago about how I decided to knit shawls for my beautiful bridesmaids.  It seemed like the perfect answer.

And then I realized that I would have to knit the gifts for the entire bridal party.

What in the world would I knit the groomsmen?  The musicians?  What about the flower girls!?

I'll eventually post about all of those, but for now, I'd like to share what I found for my flower girls:

Crocheted Cootie Catchers!

Ellie's Cootie Catcher
No, it wasn't technically knitting, but it was the same idea, and I'm sure my girls wouldn't mind.  You see, I had three flower girls.  My cousin Grace, age 9, and her sister Ella, age 5, as well as Randall's cousin Ellie, age 3.  They were all adorable, but trying to find something they all could like?!  A hassle.  And then I found this.

They were super easy to make, though I've never been very good at seaming, and I asked each girl what her favorite colors were in order to personalize it.  I also made my own version of the insets with those pretty color-waves in Microsoft word, so that each girl had a combination of each color she asked for.  I'm really happy with how they turned out in general.

Thoughts?  Any other cute flower girl gift ideas?

Ravelry Pattern
Grace's Ravelry Project | Ella's Ravelry Project | Ellie's Ravelry Project

If you liked this post, you might like these ideas:



No comments:

Post a Comment