Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Travel Blanket: Ocean City Block

You've heard by now, I'm sure, of the travel blanket I'm making for the family.  Well, this past vacation, I added on a simpler block, to balance out some of the more complex ones.  This was, again, originally a dishcloth pattern, but it worked quite well for these purposes.

The yarn was purchased at The Salty Yarn in Ocean City Maryland, a store on the boardwalk with a vast array of crochet kits, a room of yarn, and more.  It boarders the ocean and has kites flying outside, like a true shop on the Easter Seaboard, complete with the overly friendly staff.

I purchased two skeins, one water and one sand, not sure what I'd do with either, and I just love the way it turned out.  What do you think?

Here's the blanket so far.

Ravelry Pattern
Ravelry Project: Block
Ravelry Project: Blanket

No comments:

Post a Comment