Thursday, July 31, 2014

Beginning a Sweater: Swatches

Nicole finally convinced me that it would be worth my while to knit my own sweater, and to make it CustomFit.

Her rationale?

Yes, it will take forever, but it will fit you exactly and it will be high quality.

Previously, all my sweaters had basically been what I found at Salvation Army.  I'm excited for this change, since I'm a big sweater-wearer.

I did some swatching, as advised, and decided on size four needles.  In the picture to the left, you can see that each swatch uses a progressively larger needle, and each ahs the corresponding amount of "yo, p2tog" pairs to indicate the needle size.  I ended up ripping out the bind off of my chosed needles, size four, and re-attatching the yarn to make it about twice as big so that I could better measure my gauge for my CustomFit measurements.

I've started the sweater and I can't wait to see how it comes out!

No comments:

Post a Comment