Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Dishcloth Update (13)

I seem to be approaching the end of the Dishcloth Updates.  I'm hoping to have at least 16, but the yarn may or may not hold out.  Anyway, on we go!


Dishcloth Thirty-Seven
I found a cute little pamphlet at the local craft store which featured "Wiggly Crochet" Dishcloth patterns, and seemed to efficiently use scraps of yarn, and so I quickly snatched it up and started working.  However, the size ended up being much larger than intended, so I scaled the pattern down and tried again.  I'm not sure how I feel about the result, but it's certainly unique!
Ravelry Project
Ravelry Pattern

Dishcloth Thirty-Eight
I gave another whack at the Wiggly Crochet Dishcloths, and this one came out a little better.  Instead of sizing the pattern to fewer squares, I used double-crochet where it asked for extended double-crochet, and put only two half-double crochets along each spine, instead of three.
Ravelry Project
Ravelry Pattern





Dishcloth Thirty-Nine
Another one of the KnitPicks reversible dishcloths, Steep Stripes, this one was done in Sport weight yarn, and so it ended up slightly smaller and with less compact stitches.  I like the result, though, even though I hate the idea of using white yarn for a dishcloth.
Ravelry Project
Ravelry Pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment