Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Patchwork Skirt

A few years ago, I bought a strapless dress at a handmade craft shop on the beach in Maine.  Since then, I've grown four inches and washed it enough times that not only does my rear hang out the back when I bend over, but even the ribbons I sewed on after the elastic shot are themselves shot.  Besides, I like skirts better.

So I planned to make it into a skirt.  The only problem was that I didn't have any elastic.  Instead, I took the (shot) elastic from the top of the dress, sewed it to the (shot) elastic at the meeting betweent the patchwork and the bustline, and pinned and sewed it all the way around.  It's a little loose, and soon I'll probably cut that off and sew normal waistband elastic on, but in the mean time, it looks like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment